The Abs Diet was developed by David Zinczenko, who is known as the editor of illustrated magazines Women’s Health and Men’s Health. He claims that his plan is more than a mere fitness program or a weight-loss diet and assures that it will help you to get a flat belly in a short-term period without starvation and heroic efforts though, of course, you will have to do your endeavors.
Zinczenko promises that you will get rid of up to twelve pounds within two weeks and the fat will be lost from your paunch first. You will not need to count calories or starve but you will do physical exercised on a regular basis and have meals according to a certain plan.
How Does the Abs Diet Work?
David Zinczenko’s diet is a six-week program. You should have six meals per day alternating larger ones with light snacks. As stated above, you are not obliged to control the calorie consumption.
The diet’s menu is based on twelve so-called powerfoods, like eggs, green vegetables, lean meat, beans, etc. You must eat at least two of them each time when you have a meal. As Zinczenko states, the more these products you eat, the quicker you will lose fat and raise muscles.
Once a week you are allowed to “cheat”. It means you may eat whatever you want.
According to the creator of the Abs Diet, physical exercises are as important as healthy nutrition for flattening the belly and losing weight. So you should practice total strength workouts 3 times a week and abs exercises 2 times a week. You are also recommended to do cardiovascular training twice a week. It may include running, walking, cycling, swimming, etc.
The original Abs Diet was aimed at men but there is also its variant specially designed for women.
The Abs Diet Plan
The Abs Diet, created by David Zinczenko, does not have a complicated plan. Dieters should stick to several major guidelines if they want to lose fat, flatten their bellies and increase general health. Here they are:
- Have meals six times per day. The diet’s offer recommends to alternate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with three snacks.
- Eat the powerfoods at every meal. There are twelve of them: nuts, beans, green vegetables, low-fat dairy, whole-grain cereals and breads, eggs, instant oatmeal, olive oil, peanut butter, lean meats, berries, and protein powder.
- Do not calculate calories. Zinczenko assures that calorie counting leads to losing motivation and focus.
- Every day drink smoothies. You should have them in place of one of the meals or snacks. The Abs Diet smoothies are made from low-fat yogurt or milk, protein powder, peanut butter, fruits, and ice, mixed in a blender.
- Know what you may and may not drink. You should drink eight glasses of pure water every day. It alleviates cravings, transports nutrients, removes waste products from your body, and boosts metabolism. You are also allowed to drink green tea, low-fat milk, and diet soda (no more than a couple of glasses a day). You’d better abstain from drinking alcohol.
- Once a week have a cheat meal when you are allowed to eat whatever you want. You are allowed to eat foods that you miss most of all.
- Practice physical exercises. Every week, you must have three strength workouts and two or three abdominal exercises. In addition, cardiovascular activities are recommended twice a week.
You will find more information about the Abs Diet plan, menu and recipes in the book by David Zinczenko.
What Are the Benefits of the Abs Diet?
People with excessive weight are prone to high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, erectile dysfunction, high bad cholesterol levels, and many other issues. By reducing excessive fat, you will certainly become healthier. Regular exercises, promoted by the Abs Diet, contribute to good health too.
Are There Any Health Risks?
In general, the Abs Diet is safe, but if you have any chronic diseases, you should consult your doctor before starting the program. Do not eat much peanut butter, canned vegetables, and instant oatmeal if you have high blood pressure. Allergic people should avoid nuts. Those who suffer from heart disease or some other health issues should be careful with physical exercises.
What Foods Should Be Eaten?
The Abs Diet is based on twelve “powerfoods”. At least two of them should be eaten at every meal. They are the following:
- Green vegetables
- Low-fat or fat-free dairy products
- Lean meats and poultry
- Olive oil
- Peanut butter
- Whole-grain cereals, breads, etc
- Protein powder
In general, the diet’s menu emphasizes protein, fiber, healthy fats, various mineral and vitamins. Zinczenko’s book provides recipes and meal plans.
What Foods Should Be Avoided?
The diet’s author recommends avoiding processed foods, fatty meats, sugar, and refined carbs.
The Abs Diet Success Stories
When Edris Amiryar was not yet thirty he weighed over 375 pounds and had high blood pressure and cholesterol level, back problems, type 2 diabetes, and sleep apnea. His doctor advised him that he should try weight loss surgery but Ed preferred the Abs Diet.
He bought the book and joined the online community, where he found special recipes, exercises and support. It turned out that Ed had to change his lifestyle and eating habits completely, but he managed to do it and reached his goals.
It took him one year to lose 155 pounds. Ed got rid of his hypertension, back problems, high cholesterol and blood sugar, sleep apnea and other health issues. He recommends everybody who needs to lose weight to try the Abs Diet as he knows that it really works.
When Jessica started following the Abs Diet she weighed 130 pounds. She changed her eating habits and followed all the other recommendations. It took her six weeks to lose over ten pounds. Now she is lean and feels much stronger.
Jim Philips went on the Abs Diet and in six weeks lost five inches from his waist and over twenty pounds. He never starved, ate his favorite foods and did not have to spend much time at physical exercises. Nevertheless, the results were amazing.
Linda Toomey, who is mother of four small children, weighed 145 pounds and did not even hope to become slim again. But she did it with the help of the Abs Diet. She started following it and in just six weeks lost over twenty pounds and went from a size fourteen to size six. Now she feels and looks better than ever and if full of energy.
The Abs Diet puts emphasis on healthy nutrition and physical training. You do not have to count calories or feel hungry. Moreover, once a week you will have a “cheat meal”. Numerous success stories assure us that the program does help to lose weight and strengthen the muscles. It is also very customizable and not expensive. Thus, if you follow the diet properly, you will hardly be disappointed.